Saturday, June 11, 2011

Summer Projects

I've tried to keep the girls busy.  It seems like since Bridget's been home from school for the summer, they have this pent up energy that makes them do and say crazy things all day long and if I don't have some way to channel that, it explodes into chaos all over the house.  We've purchased a plastic pool, which provides MUCH distraction.


I've also tried to do some "schoolwork".  I don't really give this much credit, because really it's just themed fun.  Planned out coloring pages and cookie baking.  Nothing extremely educational, but it seems to hold their attention better if it's labeled as "schoolwork".  
Besides these activities, a visit to the gym, and the occasional romp to the store, that's about all I've come up with for summer festivities.  I could do the library, and probably should...I'm just always filled with dread at the thought because all they want to do is bang on the computer, or run around in opposite directions.  I feel like one day, someone is going to end up on one side, pulling books off the shelf and another one end up behind the counter, trying to climb in the book bin, while the eldest is right by my side, informing me of their naughty actions at the top of her lungs.  But, I should try story time and make it structured (aka: threaten the snot out of them in the car before letting them loose).  

So, what do you do when your tots are home?  I don't want to just watch movies all day every day of our summer.  And there's only so much fresh air we can handle after awhile.  I forgot to mention the park...that's always on my to-do list of big fun, and it's free, so that's a win-win.  I hesitate to join a moms group...that will have to be left for another post...and I'm toying with the idea of going to the zoo, even if Matt can't tag along for the day and I have to man all 3 solo.  (Especially since Grandma got us a membership!)  I am looking for any and all input, though.  Share with me your plans of adventure during these steamy summer months.  (Or brisk, rainy days if you're in Susanville.  :) )


No comments:

Post a Comment